Sunday, November 7, 2010

Success!


This little guy...i just love him. Lately he has been doing the funnest things. Like grabbing his toes and holding on for dear life while i try desperatly to change his diaper. He thinks my efforts are halarious, and honestly, his little smile just melts my heart. So sometimes i give up mid-diaper change and let him chill out in a onesie.

He also has HORRIBLE eczema on his legs, chest, and elbows. Everytime i give him a bath it gets terribly enflamed, so lately i dunk him in the bath only once a week. I hope so bad it clears up soon, although it doesn't seem to bother him at all. The doctor gave me some steriod cream which did nothing. in fact i put the cream on one leg and not the other for a week - yes, i turned Locke into my little experiment - and the steroid leg was worse off. So i chucked that and cut back on baths. Now i give him his nightly massage using coconut oil with pure lavendar oil in it and that has helped the most. Any other ideas????

This morning we had major success when i introduced a new baby food flavor - peach rice pudding. It was good. and yes, i can say that because i tried it.


Last week we got a family picture taken to support a local fundrasier, you can see it to the right of the photo. I just stood it up until we got a frame. This morning when i plopped Locke in his bumbo for breakfast he kept staring at it!

and then he would smile SO BIG!! i swear it made me feel so important to have him recognize me and Lane. Major self esteem booster.

oh dear...its "the stare"....naptime!

The Holly Fair was also a success! it was so fun to see everyone and share my little creations. These newborn christmas hair clips were my favorites. So festive and cute! I made a toddler headband to match but forgot to take a picture of it.

so here was my display! me and Lane came up with it the night before - One lady wanted to know if she could buy some off me and when i told Lane he didn't believe me. I think he underestimates himself, because he thought they were NOTHING special. But i LOVED them, they turned out perfect.

4 comments:

The Harkers said...

so......several things:
1. Your baby is seriously freaken adorable. Kyle even says so, and he doesn't have to lie and say other peoples babies are cute! Love his pictures.

2. I need Kens mailing address. I keep emailing her for it, with no luck on the return email. So in order to not be a crappy friend I need her mailing address. Could you send it to me at kyle.kate.harker@gmail.com

3. I have a new phone number which you should call 403-759-2433

4. I need your house number so I can call you and not bother Lane on his cell phone all the time haha

5. And last....seriously who are you?? You are truly the most ridiculously talented person, um ever I can't even believe it. I mean really, your amazing. I am jealous and awed all at the same time. Kind of proud to be your friend!

kelsey said...

I wish I could have come to the fair. It looks dangerous though. Cute stuff.

Caylee's baby, Chase, had some skin issues and she used some kind of aveeno like super moisture or healing something or rather. . . anyway, it worked like a charm for her. Maybe you should ask her what it was exactly. When Norah had a couple of patches as a baby I also used that steroid cream for a minute, it didn't do anything for her either.

Tara Merrill said...

Oh Britt, seriously girl, you amaze me! Trying to pull of all that with your babe in tow, I so wished I was there to help you and just enjoy the Holly day tgether! Next year maybe we can make a plan! Did you get that link I sent you for the little felt clippies? If not LMK they were sooooo cute!!! And Locke....I so miss that little babe! I haven't forgot him looking in my eyes and cooing at me like he knew I was his Grandma!

The Merrills said...

Britt those displays are the cutest! No wonder you were such a huge success, you scream creative!! Wanna come up here and help with my craft show?!?
Locke is so big and so handsome. And YUM, Peach rice pudding does sound delish! Is it that organic food?

We miss you guys and want to come see you SO bad! meet half way?! LOL