Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sitting up!


Look who's sitting up!! Oh my gosh, Locke just amazes me at how much he grows, and how fast. I swear, last week i thought he would never get the hang of it. Now look at the little guy.

Um, and he's teething. Can you tell from him knawing on the binky? those bottom teeth will be his next little milestone.

oh, this picture. makes me wonder why we have been given a baby...k, seriously just kidding - we were driving to the farm on Sunday, when we all usually take a decent 2 hour nap. (the milkers weren't working - story of my freakin life). We knew Locke would be cranky but we just had to suck it up and go. So along the way he was yelling (NOT crying, big difference...) and honestly...we kinda ignored him. I tried to sleep and give a "SHHHH...Locke, its ok," every once and a while. Without turning around. yeah, how surprised and shocked were we when we went to get him and found him sleeping like this:

Here, see? he is ok. Lesson learned? always turn around in the car to comfort him. I'm still trying to get over my self-induced guilt trip of being a lazy mother.

Locke loves just chilling with Lane, and i love that he loves it. These two are already buds, Lane always talks about the day Locke will want to do chores with him. I just can't wait to take pictures of it. so cute.

Alright and how mean does this storm look? I was a bit scared of it - it looked a little hurricane-ish to me. Thankfully it got sucked up into the desert. This weather is so strange to me! it STILL has not snowed here yet! that is UN HEARD OF in canada. I love utah...




I've been playing around making some little boy hats lately. Locke gets the first one, of course.




Hmmm...he might hate this one later. I've made a few "cluster" flower clips in three different colors. I love how simple they are, its all about the texture with these ones.



p.s. Nicole, I have your brown flower clip done. and no way to get a hold of you....i hope you read this!

4 comments:

The Harkers said...

hahahahaha you put flowers on your son??? and posted them?? hahahaha he seriously actually hates you right now!!
The hat...are you kidding me?!!! So stinkin cute!!! I need to learn to do that. And lazy mom....come on Britt haha give yourself a break, how many other times is he just fussing on the drive and there really isn't anything you can do about it? There are so many worse things that could have happened, he just fell asleep in the dark this time haha!
He is SO DARN CUTE BRITT!!

Leslie said...

hahaha! brittany i am laughing so hard that locke fell asleep with his toque down to his chin! haha - that is funny! and you are way too crafty! love the hat and the flowers! locke makes a cute girl...and holy smokes that storm looked scary!

Leslie said...

oh and nice work for locke sitting up! and he's getting teeth! exciting!!!!

The Merrills said...

He is sitting up?! Go Locke!! Next Lane will be having him on the tractor chopping corn ;)
Those boy hats are SO cute! I happen to know a little 14 mth old who would be a good model for you up in Canada!!

PS - at the craftshow lots of people were selling hats and stuff hand made but none as cute as yours and a lady said she seen cute hats on etsy but they were too expensive so Im thinking next craftshow you send some up for me to sell?? Soap too!!