Thursday, March 22, 2012

ok, here we go!

Alright, I’m ready to get this thing up and running! honestly my blog freaked out a while ago and all the pictures turned into huge packs of numbers and made writing/editing a HUGE pain. But I got things fixed (finally) so I hope that gives me incentive to make this a regular updated blog like I’d like.

So things have been going pretty well considering….! back when I was 30 weeks pregnant kennedy came out to visit and we cleaned out a ton of stuff and organized pretty much my entire house. it was awesome. it also may have triggered pre-term labour! I went in for a stress test that night, I felt a little off and thought I’d be on the safe side and get checked out. WELL. turns out I was having contractions 4 min apart and had dialated to 1.5 cm!! when the nurse told me and ken that I had a mini breakdown – seriously no baby is going to be healthy that early – and told them to drug me up. I got a breathene shot (the one that makes your pulse race and body shiver) an IV, (which they had to “fish” around for a vein, I was bruised for weeks afterwards!!) and a contraction-reducing pill. It was really terrifying for me because with Locke once we had picked up that I was having contractions at 35 weeks, they could only slow them down, and not stop them. Three days later locke was born! so I was really scared that this would be the same scenerio! but a HECK of a lot earlier! thankfully though after a few hours they were under control and now, after 3 weeks on slight bedrest I’m doing great! only a week and a half to get to where I was when I had locke. MAN its so much easier to say a week and a half as opposed to 5 weeks! yikes. So my doctor doesn’t like strict bedrest so I’ve been trying to balance things out with small walks around the house and little cleaning jobs – and a LOT of watching The Office (I’m on season 6…) and crafting a ton. Its kinda amazing how many unfinished projects I’ve been able to get done, its been nice. The only reason in the world I’ve been able to do any of this?? is lane’s AMAZING FAMILY. And when I say amazing, seriously they are amazing. They take Locke for 2 hours in the morning and bring him back for his nap (He WILL NOT sleep at their houses, its really weird/funny. He’ll nap 2 hours here, or 15 min at their house.) Then when he wakes up we hang out for a half hour or so then they come pick him up for a couple more hours till its almost time for bed!!! Honestly I think not having to chase after Locke all day is what has kept me going – I haven’t had a really bad scare for a while, although I have had to get the breathene shot a couple more times for contractions, and I’m on the pills everyday. I miss him a ton, its so hard not to be able to take care of your own family!! I’ve seriously never felt so helpless. But I’m so well taken care of, family is so amazing, when I get through this I’m going to need some epic ideas on what to do for them – shoot me any of your ideas!! I’m desperate to pay them back in some way for all the things they have done for us! lll

I love this little guy, so stinkin cute – I also love his rubber glasses, if he falls asleep with them on its ok…I’m not touching that monster! its not worth the risk!

ll

kkkk

In need of a haircut, but what does he care! he’s got sugar and that’s really all that matters to him.

kl

Lane and Locke, ready to feed some cows! Lane has been feeding with him everyday in the big tractors, and then he’s usually the one who runs him over to his mom or sisters house. Locke has NO FEAR of the huge tractors or cows…which is good and bad? when we are outside all he wants to do is climb up in the nearest piece of machinery and push buttons and pretend to drive. Lane’s teaching him well!!

sd

This was a few weeks ago when Lane was installing our backsplash – I can’t remember why he’s making these faces, I think to make Locke laugh?? anyhow it lets you all see a different side of him – he doesn’t like to “preform” for pictures at all! so this is a rare glimpse of something other than a smirk!

1 comment:

JeRiCa said...

Oh Brit, I feel SO BAD that you have had to deal with all of those shots, bed rest, and missing Locke. You are such a trooper though, and I know it will all workout! I wish I were closer to help more!