Sunday, March 25, 2012

Getting ready for baby no. 2!

IMG_4484

So things are going really well!! I’m 34 weeks now, and no longer in a really scary place if I went into preterm labour. WHEW. I’m only a week away from where I was when I had Locke – is it possible I’m only a week away from having another baby? it still doesn’t seem real. It just feels like pregnancy is a part of life now. It will be SO NICE to be preggers free for the summer – getting up to go to the bathroom 3+ times a night is only fun for so long….

Lane has already been doing some spring cleaning even though I can’t help yet, he sold a TON of scrap metal from old farm equipment and 4 old cars out of the backyard. Then got out his huge loader and scraped away all of the weeds and random old farm stuff that gets stuck in the dirt. Looks really nice now, we might even put in a backyard this spring! which would be amazing! but I’m seriously just happy with level, clean dirt. at least I can let locke run around back there, whereas before I was always a bit scared I’d be running locke to the hospital for a tetanus shot every day.

PLUS we got carpet downstairs which is also amazing! all the really big renovations are done and after I have the baby I’m going to get serious about decorating our house – its got amazing bones now, I just need to start doing all my pinterest projects and it will be my dream house!

so these were a couple of shots I got right before putting little Locke to bed yesterday. and yes, I still give him a bottle. But look how cute he is! I seriously can’t say no when he starts pointing at the cabinet saying “ba ba”. and neither can Lane, which makes me feel like less of a pushover!IMG_4483

IMG_4473

This is his favorite toy ever – he scoots around on it all day it is the cutest thing.

IMG_4474IMG_4478

He looks so tired! so ready for a nap!IMG_4471.JPG

He got sick of his airplane and thought my camera would make a better toy – He didn’t like me saying no. IMG_4470.JPGIMG_4466.JPG

and back to happy and playing after mini breakdown – are all toddlers this bi-polar?

IMG_4489

he watches cartoons in this thing every morning on netflix – I got it at a thrift store in town. When he found it he sat and rocked in it for over half an hour while I shopped around! so funny and he still loves it!

IMG_4494

and heres the crazy little guy after his nap. with some rockin hair.

IMG_4498

IMG_4500

So I thought I’d do something fun and have him paint/draw a picture for the nursery…

IMG_4510

at first things were going well…..

IMG_4501

IMG_4507

and then all he would do is put the pencils in the paint. and then on his clothes. ….

IMG_4509

so after an HOUR of encouraging him to draw… this is all we got. after this I showed him how to trace his hand. And we did that about 50 times. So some blue paint and fifty handprints?? I’ll take it. thanks Locke, I think your little brother will love it! (how do people get perfect little drawings out of their kids? I seriously think some of them must do it themselves…)

1 comment:

The Harkers said...

Britt!!
I can't believe you are having another baby
and I can't believe I haven't even met Locke! And I am so darn excited for you it's crazy.
Locke is adorable. I hope it all goes well for you!