Saturday, August 21, 2010

Summer love

Oh my goodness i love summer! even though its crazy busy for Lane as he tries to farm as much ground as possible, and i end up only getting a few pictures of him here and there! I still love it.



Locke wasn't too impressed when Lane started playing with his face...

And of course he is screaming his head off when i try to get a picture with him, but i always forget that i need a few with the two of us. But thats just the problem, usually its only the two of us! and i'm the worst at "arms length" pictures. So i figured its worth it to keep it anyways.

He's getting so strong! lifting his head up, and kicking SO HARD - i swear once he starts crawling there will be no stopping this guy!

Its just so fun to see them develop a personality, he coo's all the time now, and especially when someone is paying attention to him. its amazing that they know at such a young age that they can "talk" back.

I love the wrinkles in his forehead! his facial expressions get more diverse everyday, its so fun to see how he reacts to situations by the look on his face.


He found his hands last week and WILL NOT let them go, they have turned into his favorite chew toy! He is also starting to teeth, which completely disrupted our sleep last night...i don't wanna talk about it...we were not friends....

I went to Sara Reary's baby shower last week and was so excited to see that Amanda Winterton was there with her new baby! oh my heck, that little baby was the smallest, cutest thing i have ever seen. And look how honkin big Locke is compared to her!

And yeah, this only a week after she delivered. i know, she looks amazing.

aww! sweet little baby lips! it would be so fun to have a girl!!.......

This was my first "assignment" in my online home ec class, a pincusion pillow! I haven't had a lot of time to work on the projects, i'm going full speed right now renovating the farmhouse - I can't WAIT to see what it will look like when its all said and done. We are getting a ton of things done and i took some before pictures so we can compare the difference later...but i am finding some time at night to finish the class projects, hopefully i'll get a whole slew of them done this week!

4 comments:

Amy MacDonald said...

Could you be anymore talented?! Hmmm... Nooo probably not! Locke you lil stinker! We are so excited to see him in October. Yes that's right.. Utah better be ready for us! :) xoxo

Tara Merrill said...

Oh Brittany, you are so much like me it is scary!!! I am so proud of you for all the wonderful things you do and little Locke is so lucky to be able to call you mommy....well not yet, but soon!

MBSchnoor said...

Britt,

I think it's about time I posted a comment on your Blog, I've been reading for who knows how long! Locke is suuuch a handsome baby!!! I can't believe how fast he is growing! And I can't believe you and Lane are parents!! Is it the best?? Next time I'm in Utah, and Blake actually comes with me this time, we will definately be visiting you guys!!! <3

The Merrills said...

Holy cow Locke is HUGE compared to that baby!! He is going to be moving out soon!! haha. I kid. But seriosuly, you never notice how much your baby has grown until you have an itty bitty baby to compare it to!
Looks like your sewing is a blast.That would be fun to do after I move. You probably whip all your stuff up with your eyes closed!