Friday, April 2, 2010

crazy weekend!

So remember the last post that had a picture of us hauling manuere? well that day Lane's brother Dusty was helping in his semi and TIPPED IT OVER coming around a corner, landing a few inches from someones front door!! literally! He was even driving his semi with 2 TRAILERS ON IT!!! how he didn't get more hurt is seriously a miracle. this is what his semi looked like: (this isn't the real thing, just a picture i found on the internet to give you an idea how GARGANTUAN his equipment is)
it was the scariest, craziest thing ever!! He's not hurt, other than some obvious whiplash. THANK GOODNESS. and the owners of the house were supplied enough home-made fertilizer to last them a lifetime! I forgot my camera i was just in a rush to help out and make sure everyone was ok, but i figured i'd tell the story anyhow.

And of course i have to share my latest creation, the snuggly!! The best part about this project?? Skye gave me leftover minky for the inside, the outside jean material i got at a thrift store for 2 bucks, and it was hand-embroidered (with love) by me! So it was a super cheap project, but i LOVE how it turned out! I swear after this i'm actually out of things to make for him...



2 comments:

Leslie said...

oh brittany my mom made some of these for jake and he loved them! you are the worlds craftiest mom! i love it!

kelsey said...

oh my gosh britt, make one of these for my baby, asap. i can't even believe you.