Sunday, March 21, 2010

The nesting "thing"

ok, i have been offically hit with the crazy nesting instinct, and it is coming out in the form of sewing. Like take this morning for instance, i got up and started getting ready for church. But the dress i wanted to wear was a hand-me-down from my short-legged sister skye. This was a problem. So one hour later i had a ruffle, a bleeding finger from being poked from pins, and a satisfied nesting "thing/crazy instinct". It really was so crazy, because it felt SO IMPORTANT for me to finish that ruffle, and to wear that dress the same day. Not sure why, and i must say it also crazy how satisfying it is to have done it. weird.


Oh, and the reason this picture is at the odd angle?? Lane didn't make it to church cuz his dad's trailer on the milk truck blew a couple tires, and he has to be able to pick up milk at certain times of the day. So he stayed to help him finish in time. When i came home, he was in bed, and not willing to get up to take this picture of my dress. seriously. who is the pregnant one here...p.s. do not compare to my maternity pictures. What could ever compare to those???

i'm actually participating in a little craft show, and have made a few pairs of booties, some hair clips, and a few other random things i forgot to take a picture of. I think i've decided whatever sells well i'm going to start selling on my online shop. So we'll see...i swear doing a bit of sewing and craftin everyday keeps me sane!






I even got organized enough for it that i made labels with my mom's logo on them to make them look a BIT less handmade, but who knows. Maybe it will help distract away from the glue and sewing mistakes!

4 comments:

The Merrills said...

ok LOVE the dress. Your so friggin CUTE!
And all that stuff you made is gonna rake in the $$!! I will seriously take notes of the comments people say about your stuff too Britt! Cant wait to do this craft show!! I want it all!!!!

kelsey said...

oh my gosh, if i find out i'm having a girl, i NEED those first booties-- the tealish ones. they are to die for. why are you so creative? i need to get back into sewing more. . . after i graduate!!!

Mackenzie said...

Britt, you make the cutest stuff EVER! I want to buy everything from you, including the stuff that I have no one to put it on, just so I can look at it ;)

Kennedy said...

this dress is the cutest thing you have ever ever ever ever ever ever made. honestly. i want one when i get home!!