Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

Just on a roll here actually updating the old blog! while doing it I consider it the old ball and chain – but it was SO nice to put it all into a book last year, I can’t believe how quickly I forgot the details from pictures!

So here the just of last week:

1. Locke is completely obsessed with Dora, but more specifically Swiper the Fox. He wants to “read” a picture book about a green fox every night. It’s the cutest thing ever, and I make it a point to come up with a different story every night.

2. Lane and I watched a vacuum demonstration for a friend so she could earn a free one. It was the hugest hassle to get them over here, and I really didn’t want to do it because I already own a pretty decent one – BUT – that was before the saleswoman wheeled in a vacuum/HUMIDIFIER/mop amazingness. I coveted that vacuum for all it was worth – a whopping $2800.00 and yes, that wanted that amount for the vacuum, not a car.

IMG_6071pb

IMG_6072pb

3. I watch Dr. Oz religiously. I love his shows, super healthy and awesome tips. So yesterday Lane watched a few minutes with me (to make sure he wasn’t teaching me voodoo…) and Dr.Oz said everyone should learn to juggle because it grows your brain. Lane went into the kitchen and came back with a couple of potatoes – and to the amazement of Locke, juggled for 5 min straight! haha, he was mezmerized! Now he asks us to juggle for him all the time, and I can honestly say I’m getting way better at it.

4. Locke likes to tell me something he wants, then how much he “wuvs it.” It is to die for cute.

5. Taylor and I are still doing the headband buisness and I messed up pretty bad last week doing invoices! NOT my thing! But we sorted the whole mess out and are somehow still friends…jks. She is amazing and is awesome to do buisness with. sneak peek at the goods:

IMG_60995

6. I bought a new coffee table for the front room, it has two HUGE spaces for big baskets I can’t wait to get and fill with toys. I love being organized (even though it seems to allude me the harder I try at it) so that is seriously why I bought it. I plan on painting it and putting a big comfy cushion on top to put our feet on. Best 50 bucks ever spent.

IMG_6079pb

(oh Locke, mornings are not your thing….)

7. I went to church ALL BY MY SELF and the kids on Sunday. AND updated the Relief Society bulletin board AND filled in as nursery leader. I was so proud of myself I was bursting at the seams!! (of my pencil skirt…the first one I’ve been able to wear since I had Jones…)

IMG_6086pb

8. I started Locke on a chore chart and he loves it! he has to help make his bed, get dressed, brush his teeth, and eat breakfast so he can put up his stickers. I let him put up an extra one for unloading the dishwasher – such a novelty!…for now…I wonder when he’ll start demanding treats or money…

IMG_6091pb

IMG_6092pb

9. Jones  still has no teeth.

10. The car started smoking in town today while Lane, me, and the kids were picking up parts…..AAaaaand completely broke down on the way home. Ask me how ghetto I felt. Luckily we barely made it to the gas station at the end of town with a small diner where the kids and I waited until help arrived. Thank you Nolan! It was an interesting ride sitting in his tiny Ranger with all of us, but we finally got home! and I’m really trying to convince Lane that the money to fix it would be better spent on a mini van. I seriously am all about getting some more storage, I don’t care what the vehicle looks like. So I’ll keep you up to date!! (and one more of the little man, because seriously how cute is he??)

IMG_6073pb

2 comments:

The Harkers said...

Britt I love you and your little kiddos! The chore chart for Locke already?! I love it! I need to do it for Levi I think he would be obsessed too!
Haha um brittany bursting at the seams of your pencil skirt....ya right you are one hot momma.....and YES you will love the minivan to death trust me. Kyle is desperately trying to let it die, and i swear it will outlive all his vehicles haha. It's awesome.

Leslie said...

NEVER STOP BLOGGING!!!! haha the old ball and chain makes my life complete!

2. Gotta hate it when you suddenly NEED an appliance and dont care if you have to mortgae your home for it..and how is Jones so cute?
3. Lane can juggle? What can't he do?
5. I live for your headband uploads! Seriously they are the cutest things ever! I get compliments EVERY single time Flo is out in the ones you gave her!
6. I want to see a picture of this coffee table!
7. I can not imagine having to be a single mother going to church every week - I would rather die. Props to you for making it through the day!
8. Brittany you are such a good mom!
9. Flo just got her first tooth - so pokey!
10. Spending money fixing cars is the worst!