Friday, April 20, 2012

I can’t believe the new baby isn’t here yet….

So here we are, still waiting on baby No.2. I would have never believed there was any way I could’ve made it this far!! 38 weeks on Sunday!! According to my baby ticker, the baby is now the size of a watermelon, YIKES!  Lane and I were so convinced when I went off my contraction-stopping meds at 37 weeks that I’d have him the next day. Well…since then I’ve been vacuuming, rearranging furniature, and even pushing strollers up ginormous hills – but….nothing. And I can’t believe how so many girls make it a week or two after their due date. I have a new profound respect for them. I realize my pregnancy with Locke was a BREEZE – probably so I would actually have more kids…now though, who knows. I’ll have to forget a lot between now and thoughts of another baby!! As much as I complain though, it is completely worth it, as evidenced by all the cuteness below:

IMG_4680

Just hanging out with grandma, who is absalutely his favorite person in the whole world.

IMG_4681

IMG_4682

They are so cute, always laughing at each other – I love to just watch them play! Vicki is the best grandma Locke could ever ask for, at 60 she is willing to endure any abuse the grandkids put her through. We love her so much!!!

IMG_4683

Kennedy came over this weekend and Locke loved it! however he didn’t like her to stop playing with him for one minute, even if it was to make him some homemade cinnamon buns….yum….so I pulled out my trusty bean/bowl activity. Lately it’s the only way I’ve been using my food storage…..

IMG_4685.JPG

 

IMG_4688.JPG

Notice he’s smiling at someone BEHIND the camera, auntie Kennedy!

IMG_4692.JPG

Oh that little dimple, I just love it when he smiles!!!

IMG_4695.JPG

The other day I came into the living room to find Locke trying to walk around with glasses on his feet?? he kept saying ow and then laughing to himself. I love all the new little things he’s been doing lately, hes really exploded out of his little shell and is showing off so much of his personality! I swear if I let him all he’d want to do is eat bananas and play in the car.

IMG_4700

IMG_4701

IMG_4702

IMG_4703

IMG_4704

These two are so cute its rediculous. Lane is the biggest softie with Locke, just today Locke started bawling when Lane left to do evening chores so Lane came back and got him – even though the tractor he is using to feed right now is really hard to have any kind of passenger, let alone a wiggly two year old! but Lane can’t say no to him, I love it!

IMG_4706

Just eating a fried egg….(an awesome farm fresh one courtesy of Elmo our mechanic!!)

IMG_4708

and……showing it off to the camera. Thanks Locke. He pretty much refuses to look at me anymore, but I think you can start to see how silly he has been lately….

IMG_4709

1 comment:

Leslie said...

hahaha i love that you said you'll have to forget a lot if you have another baby...that is exactly how i felt after having jake! i guess i forgot a sufficient amount. i cant stop laughing at locke with the glasses on his feet! haha