Monday, August 3, 2009

Routine breaker!

So Lane and I had an interesting morning today, we got up,

went to the barn...
Began feeding first the little calves...(3 are on bottle, 50 are in indiviual pens that need milk dumped into)...
Fed the larger ones (35) in troughs, still with milk...
And then! i almost stepped on THIS!!!::::

I made Lane sit and watch it while i ran to the house and grabbed my camera, check out this calf speckin her out, don't get too close calvy....
We know its a she because Edward, our milker, found a baby snake dead in the barn last week. Lane warned me we might find a mama slithering around somewhere...We actually even decided to let her live, because as a blow snake they aren't agressive at all and as much as she might scare me, mice scare me more!

This newborn calf is a side note, but also one of the weirdest things we have ever seen...can you notice something wrong with it??

The poor thing was born without a tail! as a result her poo sticks to her bum, sorry about graphic content. She has been appropriately named.......Stubby.

2 comments:

Aimee Larsen said...

Thanks for the link Brittany! I'd forgotten about these. I used them in my classroom back before I had kids! They would be perfect because I could but books and display artwork for them...thanks a bunch!

Kennedy said...

i hate how his poo sits on his bum after he takes a dump. so freakin sick. i am adding it to the list of why i hate cows...