Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Ten on Tuesday





1. Summer is over. and we are going to be a sad bunch around here. The older my kids get the more my love of summer grows! and the more i dread winter. indoors. with two monkeys. yikes.




2. Jones can't seem to stay away from trouble lately. Ten minutes before church started he decided to take my mascara (secretly...) and try some on his face...and down his leg. Of course Lane was working and we ended up on the foyer couches for sacrament meeting...Jones also smells like Lane all the time - He can ALWAYS find Lanes deoderant and loves to dig/chew it into little pieces. 


3. Great grandma Lorna gave us a kitten a few weeks ago and its found a cozy little home in our garage. Seriously who can tell if its a girl/boy? because i need to get it fixed if necessary. and pick a name for the poor thing.


4. My neice Candice is a puzzle wizard. We sat for almost two hours and completed this puzzle - she loved every minute! She gets up before school to work on puzzles!! Its the cutest obsession ever, and she is twice as fast as me! Its seriously amazing! 


5. I let Locke pick out a costume at Costco recently, and while we were looking though them, he pointed out the fireman costume, "because i want to save people mom." say whaaaat?? I love some of the random things kids pick up on.


6. I never take pictures of myself, (i'm a typical mom i guess?? haha.) But i sent this one to Kennedy after i got brave and put on some pick lipstick because we were headed to the "city". (we went out for an eye appointment for Locke, as you can probably tell his glasses are getting a bit small...and they're less than a year old! His head grows so fast right now! and yikes they're pricey for new ones! He picked a cute bright blue, and they should be here next week!)


7. I bought this little basket for Locke last time we were at the DI and it is basically attached to his hip. He is a bit of a child hoarder, so it was convenient for him to put all his little "treasures" in one place. Because who can haul hay with dad without snacks, a sippy cup, a puzzle, and marbles?? 

In the pictures below was the day we picked up his beloved basket, and as you can see it was already coming in handy with his sippy cup and leap pad. The helmets stayed there, much to Lockes dismay.





"mom....dad - he comin...."

8. We bought some colored bubbles on clearance in the "city", and now i know why no one wanted them. They were super bright in the can...and on Lockes face...but in the air?? plain old clear bubbles. SOOO not worth the nasty mess. but the kids love bubbles so it was still a fun afternoon. 



Showing me his muscles. In his awesome outfit he picked out himself. I've lost all control dressing him. And yes, everything is on backwards. its a new trend around here.


9. Went to Joanns and got lost in a sea of amazing plaid fabrics. I want to re-do Lockes room and make a couple throws. kennedy, you in? something like the pic below??







10. Our favorite snack is freshly popped corn, with some coconut oil and sea salt. I love that Jones is getting big enough to chew!! haha its the simple things that excite me. I can share my hard-to-eat snacks with him now.


Homemade french fries, thanks to Gweneth Paltrows recipie. And ya, i'm kinda patting myself
on the back for cutting those so evenly. 




2 comments:

The Harkers said...

brittany
oh my heck you are so unbelievably gorgeous it is ridiculous
and your kids are so darn cute
you are honestly the best mom
i hate that we live so far apart! I am going to just come and stay with you for a week or something next year
your awesome

Leslie said...

Haha! I am laughing most over the picture of Locke with the purple bubbles on his face haha! And you look stunning in that picture! You need to take more of yourself!