Friday, December 3, 2010

yup. its true.


This poor child. Is getting glasses. now who wants to help me try to keep them on?!??!? He needs them 24/7, for the rest of his life. How has he seen anything for the last 8 months?? well. i don't know. he probably hasn't. Hopefully the gift of sight will be a motivator for him to keep his glasses on. But as you can see from the pictures, i doubt it. He hated trying them on, so when they come on Monday i know its going to be a fight to keep them on every minute. Any tips would be appreciated! geesh, i had no idea kids this young could get glasses! it blows my mind!!!!!
He is seriously the toughest kid ever. To check how farsighted he was they put stinging drops in his eyes to dialate the pupils. According to the optomitrist ALL kids scream and cry when he puts them in. But Locke?? not a peep. He is a hardcore farmkid already and i love it! Way to go buddy! i hope we can get this figured out come monday!


6 comments:

Leslie said...

OH MY HECK BRITT! just when i thought he couldnt be any cuter he gets little miniature glasses! how cute is that! my cousins kid had to have glasses when he was that little and they said it took like a day of pulling his hands off but after that he didnt hardly pay attention to them...hopefully thats the case with locke! seriously he looks so cute!

The Merrills said...

haha oh Britt, what a cutie. He looks so smart in his glasses...just make sure he updates the style every few years...or he could be like uncle Karson and hold on to the ones he wore in 1987!!

Rach Williams said...

Aww, those pictures are cute, sweet, sad, and heart-breaking all in one. Poor little Locke. He will be so adorable with his little glasses on. I always see little kids with glasses and hope that some day I have to put some on my kid because they are just too dang adorable. Good luck Locke, we're all rooting for you to like your new spectacles.

Tara Merrill said...

Oh I feel so bad, I just know he got my lazy eye! Dang it,but I too think he will be only more adorable in his little harry potter glasses. He is already reminding me of Kelly Besters little boy who has had glasses since he was tiny and I don't believe he could get amy cuter!!! I love him to peices!

Tara Merrill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Harkers said...

aww britt! i didn't know kids that little could get glasses either! I hope he can see a bit better! At least he looks darn cute in them!