Friday, August 16, 2013

8 months of Phone Pictures!

I managed to get half-way organized this week with my pictures! Here are the only salvagable ones off my phone, looks like i didn't realize how blurry most of them were...anyways these are from anywhere and everywhere in the last 8 months. (seriously i hate cleaning the pictures off my phone.)

First time in a "big" carseat and enjoying every second of being able to actually watch the DVD player, instead of just listening!! 



Lanes ability to bottle feed one while shoving another in the face has always impressed me...

I made-over the our RS bulletin board....(our theme is first observe, then serve) (and i ended up changing the "clubs" section, to "groups". apparently clubs are necessarily allowed in church??) 


A rare custom order i did for a friend with twin girls...sigh. lucky girl...

Lockes knees on a regular basis.

We found a new desolate road for our daily walk. With trees on either side, its just georgous!!

ha, typical sight mid-aftertnoon. Bottle hanging from mouth, still in pjs, and a shoe missing. 


Our Missionary Night RS activity back in june i think??

Jones discovering new places.

Meeting up with Ken to eat at the "gormet grilled cheese" place. Dericious.

Trying to copy the talented Olivia below...

amazing!! i tried too, but it was actually too embarassing to document.

the nightly round of kickball we were able to join in at skyes house.
Gracie's nightly stretching routine to try and get the "scorpion" move down. If she gets it she'll be the only one in her dance building able to do it! 

working on kens wedding quilt! it was a complete surprise to her, it consisted of all the handprints she did of the orphans in ecuador she served with right after high school. 

ha, and our makeshift sewing table, a piece of drywall over my old kitchen cabinets! 

There is no way i could have finished it without this amazing lady, Nancy Labrum!! she is basicially my second mother and the sweetest person ive ever met. That quilt tried to put me in an early grave so i was glad to have her by my side helping out, she is a veteren quilter! 

They are always excited when dad comes tromping through the door. 


Kens bridal shower, it turned out great! we ate a ton of food and opened some fun and risque presents! 
Apparently my crafting skills don't transfer to tissue paper wedding dresses...(Skye and I tried our best on kennedy, but it was downright pitiful.)

Grandpa has basically been begging Locke to start Muttin Bustin. It seems a bit scary as a mom, but i know Nolan would be down-right proud of the little guy. 

A few headbands for Olivia Ross's baby shower. 

At the shower Locke couldn't get enough of this little wood swing. Future backyard project?? 

Ha, I see pinterest-inspired projects everywhere! i've seen this one a bunch online, its always fun to see it in real life! 

oh those baby lips. I love their squishyness.

Pictures of a butterfly found on a walk one morning, I also got some halarious video from that morning documenting Jones's first big bug discovery. 


My attempt at getting a family picture for fathers day. 

What are you thinking little man?? 

Front page of kennedy's guest book, it turned into a huge project! But i loved doing it so much i couldn't stop, and now i've got the "scrappin" bug.

Another RS activity, an Ice Cream Social where we had ice cream with a bazillion toppings and played speed dating games. 


The kids were amazing when i let them out of the car to watch this guy cut up a log for kennedy's centerpieces with a chainsaw. It was the beginning of what turned out to be a very long day of wedding planning and execution. This was on my way to Skyes where i thought i had a couple of fun decorating projects to do. Turns out Mom and I didn't end up sleeping for the next week...


Chris staining the wood at 1 in the morning...

My moment of paralyzing fear when 2 days before the wedding i put the centerpieces together and found they looked pitiful and chintzy. Thankfully we were surrounded by thrift stores and 20 bucks and two hours later they looked MUCH better. 

Kennedy had no idea we had the Ecuador hand-print quilt for her, so she decided to whip one up two days before the wedding. This was the night before, and after finishing everything else up i grabbed skyes sewing machine and decided to help her. Somehow we finished the top, wrapped it in a blanket and tied it with a ribbon so it looked finished. haha, oh my it was so insane. 

Dad trying to be supportive on the couch, but he couldn't ever last past ten o'clock! 

Finally at the night of the reception. Lane came out and the boys refused to leave his side! 

Kennedy and Chris got married the next morning in Manti. It was such a beautiful sealing, i wish i had the opportunity to attend them more often. 





Jones eating a cupcake from a RS event the night before...my kids always benefit from my need to over-prepare food. 

Sharing is still an issue.

The day we brought home our two kittens. Both remain unnamed, and one has already been run over by the hay truck. 


A rare night of shopping with dad, we had plans to go at night (notice the kids pjs) so Lane could sit in the car with the sleeping babes and i could shop in peace. But instead they were little hellions fueled by the jerking/racing games Lane played the whole time. Does anything go according to plan with kids???

Jones, refuses to sit in his high chair when Lane comes in for breakfast. 

Locke and his naked behind while potty training, which was so easy with him, it was shocking! only a handful of accidents, and none at night! What a champ!!

2 comments:

Jami & James said...

Brittany - I love your blog. I hope it's not creepy that i follow it. I'm jami - I was in Ecuador with Kennedy. Do you have a finished picture of the quilt you made for Ken and those handprints? We got the babies hand prints together and I haven't finished my quilt yet. I'd love to get an idea on how to put it together! xo

Leslie said...

LOVE this post!
Your relief society activities are seriously amazing brittay! You definitely magnify your calling! And I want to me in line for some of your custom made things since I am having another GIRL! Yaaaa! Another suitor for your boys...I love the dirt road with the trees - it looks so pretty!
HAHA and the picture of Jones passed out with a bottle hanging out his mouth - hilarious!
All those dancers - especially Gracie are amazing! Cant believe the flexibility! The hand print quilt is so cute! Holy smokes I love it - did Kennedy die when she saw it?
Jake did mutton bustin this year - haha so funny! He was bawling after he got thrown off of course and I was digging dirt out of his nose for a week! haha.
All your long days and late nights planning for Kennedys wedding paid off - it was absolutely amazing Brittany!
And I am so happy for kennedy! She got one of the good ones that's for sure!
That last picture of Locke is do die for! So cute!